Find Out What Legal Options
Are Available To You

Same-Sex Marriage and Immigration

Any same-sex marriage that was officially, legally recognized in the United States of America or a country where it took place, now counts for U.S. immigration purposes. That means that same-sex foreign spouses of U.S. citizens and permanent residents are now eligible to apply for green cards.

All U.S. states are now required to license marriages between two people of the same sex and to recognize a marriage between two people of the same sex when their marriage was lawfully licensed and performed in another state.

The marriage must be in good faith and real, not a sham. To show that the marriage is the real, you'll have to provide copies of various documents to immigration.

For more information contact Jane Gekhman at 940/891-4800!

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information