Find Out What Legal Options
Are Available To You

What Every Undocumented Teenager and Their Parents Needs to Know

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) allows an undocumented teenager an ability to get a renewable work permit for two years at a time, a driver's license, and a social security card. Additionally, DACA gives an undocumented teenager time to avoid getting deported. However, DACA does not give the child a green card as DACA does not provide permanent lawful status.

You may qualify for DACA if you:

  1. Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012. You must also be at least 15 years or older to request DACA;
  2. Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
  3. Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
  4. Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
  5. Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012;
  6. Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
  7. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

If your undocumented teenager has not yet applied for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), he or she should strongly consider applying for DACA.

For more information call 940/891-4800!

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information