We Make Estate Planning Painless
Developing an estate plan does not have to be an intimidating process. At the Yale Law Group, PLLC in Denton, Texas, we make estate planning easy.
Our lawyers will meet with you — in person or via phone — to discuss your goals. We will review your financial information and properties, then develop a plan that protects your assets, passes heirlooms to the appropriate people, establishes guardians for minor children and ensures that your end-of-life health care wishes are communicated.
The process typically takes about a week, start to finish. Once you receive the documents, you review them, sign them and then forget about them. That’s it.
What Is A Simple Estate Plan?
You need more than a will. At the Yale Law Group, PLLC, our simple will package includes a variety of estate planning tools:
- Last will and testament — Designate your heirs and determine what happens to your property.
- Trusts — There are many types of trusts — testamentary trusts, trusts for minors, special-needs trusts. We can establish the correct type of trust to meet your needs.
- Medical power of attorney — Name a trusted individual to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to communicate.
- Durable power of attorney — Name an agent to manage your finances if you are unable to do so.
- Living will — Communicate your wishes regarding the use of artificial life support.
- Designation of guardianship — Name a guardian to act on your behalf if you are incapacitated, and name guardians to care for minor children.
Why Do I Need An Estate Plan?
As estate plan acts as a safety net. It ensures that your final wishes are respected, streamlines the probate process and reduces the possibility of intrafamily fighting. Other benefits include:
- Letting you to decide who gets what
- Setting up a system so your minor children can inherit
- Preventing issues from cropping up if you are married and have children from a previous relationship
- Ensuring that your financial obligations and health care needs are met
Get Started Today
Don’t put off estate planning until it’s too late. Putting your affairs in order today will help your family tomorrow. Schedule a consultation with our firm at 940-222-8025 or contact us online.