Permanent immigration to the United States comes with a variety of rights and privileges. One way to obtain lawful permanent residency is through a relative who is either a citizen of the United States or a lawful permanent resident.
Who is Eligible?
Unlimited family-based immigration of immediate relatives of U.S. citizens is broken down into 3 groups which are:
- Unmarried child under the age or 21 of a U.S. citizen
- Parents of adult U.S. citizens (21 or older)
Limited family-based immigration is broken down into 4 preference categories which are:
- First Preference: Unmarried children over the age of 21 of U.S. citizens
- Second Preference: Spouses of lawful permanent residents, their unmarried children under the age of 21, and unmarried children under the age of 21 of lawful permanent residents
- Third Preference: Married children of U.S. citizens
- Fourth Preference: Siblings of adult U.S. citizen
For more information contact Jane Gekhman at 940/891-4800!