Yale Law Group
Main Navigation
Find Out What Legal Options
Are Available To You

February 2016 Archives

What is Adjustment of Status?

Adjustment of Status is an application filed by an alien who is physically in the United States who wants to adjust his or her status to permanent resident status without having to return to their home country. This change of an individual's immigration status is permitted if the individual was inspected, admitted, or paroled into the United States and meet all of the required qualifications for permanent residence (green card).

Are you Family Member of an Adult Ward under a Guardianship in Texas?

Much like child custody cases, grandparents in the State of Texas have limited rights concerning access and involvement with grandchildren who are under a Guardianship if the grandparent is not the guardian of the Ward. However, recent laws in the State of Texas have been enacted that may provide a vehicle for grandparents to have access and visitation to the Ward.